Currently, we are still waiting for a space. We have a couple of leads, and in fact are visiting a space sometime this week. We have had a lot of questions about when we are producing and about the space, and we are anxious ourselves (especially since we are getting some of the equipment and supplies, and are running out of space). It’s been a slow last couple of months, and we are looking forward to get moving, we still have hopes to be in production before the end of this year (hopefully still by Autumn). In the meantime though, we have been busy.
1. On February 20, 2012, Steven Sorrell become a Cicerone Certified Beer Server through the Cicerone program. If you are not familiar with this program, feel free to check out their website (www.cicerone.org) for more information. We felt that this was a great addition for our program.
2. We are still picking up new merchandise and working on our online shop. For beer glasses, we have a logo shaker glass available, which will be one of our standard offerings, and a weizen glass which will be a limited release. We will be offering two types of stickers, the Low Brau Brewery vinyl and the logo vinyl. We have a logo bottle speed openers, just added patches, and are working on t-shirts. We hope to have all of this available online shortly, and if you are interested before that happens, please feel free to contact us.
3. We have started planting a couple of rhizomes of Hallertau in our garden and Tettnang in our neighbors garden. Though the first year probably won’t yield much, we are looking forward to future harvests to be used for limited special releases.
4. Testing continues on our Totten Bock, and we have looked at other possible flagship beers. Another possibility that we are bringing into testing is a raspberry wheat. We will have some photos of our test batching process here shortly, and will also be able to elaborate more on what these beers aim to be. We are looking into the possibility of having a sampling of these and Heidi Weiss as home brews sometime soon, so that everyone can see which direction we are heading in.
5. We also have another large project, which will be more along the marketing lines, but exciting none the less. We hope to document this project and be able to share it with everyone else.